We are hiring a motivated, experienced self starter to be part of our team in Europe! View the job description and please share. This position can be located in Regensburg, DE or remote in Europe.
Digital Communications Manager (50% to 80%, remote possible in Europe)
The European Sleep Research Society (ESRS) is a European scientific not for profit organization (NGO). We promote all aspects of sleep research and sleep medicine with about 1,300 direct members from Europe and the rest of the world, and 10,000 affiliated members from 33 national sleep societies in Europe. With annual congresses across Europe and our publications and other activities, we are the main actor in Europe in Sleep Medicine and Sleep Research. The ESRS professional staff is growing with the addition of this position
You should be a highly motivated self-starter who is not afraid to jump in head first. We’re looking for an individual with experience in creating and managing digital communications including website, blog, newsletter, social media. If you have experience with scientific writing, working for a non-profit or sleep research, even better.
Your job will be to provide continuous updated and attractive online content for the ESRS and to maximize its online dissemination.
The main objectives of your job will be to:
- Collect, format and disseminate information to our members and to increase the number of European sleep specialists reached by ESRS (with the aim of converting them to members).
- Support volunteer committees in their activities
- Actively promote activities of the society via all media channels
- Re-establish the society newsletter
- Collaborate with external meeting planners to keep the online content provided for our meetings up to date and easy to access
- Update the society website (WordPress)
- Support and organize the development of our e-learning activities
- Collect, organize and publish content on sleep and its pathologies to stakeholders (healthcare professionals in and beyond the sleep field, policy influencers and the lay public)
- Collaborate with industry representatives as required
You will be part of a small team that keeps the society running and supports volunteers to execute the mission of the ESRS. At times, you will be expected to work autonomously and sometimes you will need to support another position.
You will also be in charge of soliciting and managing content creation from sleep specialists to format and publish as appropriate.
You will be the hub between the suppliers, the ESRS board and the ESRS committees with respect to communications content, support and technical issues. You will report to the ESRS Executive Manager and the ESRS Board.
- Able to work autonomously with a high level of initiative and strategic focus
- Education in marketing, communication, non-profit management, business administration, Bachelor’s or Master’ degree plus 2-4 years of experience is desirable.
- Experience in the management and understanding of online tools including WordPress, mailchimp, Google analytics, online content management tools i.e. Hootsuite
- Experience implementing and/or using Learning Management Systems (LMS) for professional education
- Experience using social networking platforms for business
- Knowledge in the design and implementation of online content for international meetings
- English native speaker or at least C2 level if English is not the first language
- Familiar with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and compliant data handling.
- Applicants must have permission to work in the European Union.
A perfect candidate will also have one or more of the below
- Interest in European sleep science, medicine and research
- Active volunteering or professional experience in a member society
- Experience working with Drs. Profs. and/or other experienced scientists and researchers.
- Knowledge of scientific journalism and/or publication
We Offer Flexible Working Conditions:
The ESRS has a physical office in Regensburg, Germany where you are welcome to work. Alternatively, this position can be fully remote for the right candidate.
Working hours to be discussed based on qualifications and availability of the right candidate. Minimally, we expect a commitment of 20 hours per week but this can be negotiated based on workload. We would also consider working with a qualified candidate on a freelance basis.
Salary based on qualifications and agreed upon hours.
Applications including a CV and cover letter in English are to be sent in PDF format by email to Jennifer Thomsen (firstname.lastname@example.org). Printed applications will not be accepted or returned.
Closing date is 28 January 2021 or when the position is filled.