The Center of Sleep Medicine and Neurophysiology was opened on August 15, 2015. It is a fully functional stationary sleep center. The center employs: neurologist-somnologist Erdem Bayandalaevich Uhinov, neurologist-neurophysiologist Soel Radnaevich Bayartuev, nurses: Vlasenko Tatyana Illarionovna, Klepalova Tamara Artavazdovna. Doctors have certificates in the specialty “Neurology” and “Somnology”, numerous advanced training courses.
Unlike other medical areas devoted to “daytime diseases”, the work of the sleep center allows you to cover the entire daily period of the functioning of the body.
The department is equipped with the latest Russian, Australian, German, Israeli equipment: 2 polysomnographs (1. Compumedics 2. Neurosoft), a video EEG monitoring system, a respiratory monitoring system, pulse oximeters, CPAP devices, non-invasive ventilators, an oxygen concentrator.
The following diseases and conditions are diagnosed and treated:
• Epilepsy and epileptic syndromes;
• Syndrome of obstructive sleep apnea (a disease of respiratory arrest during sleep);
• Central sleep apnea syndrome (Cheyne-Stokes breathing);
• Chronic respiratory failure (hypoxemia) during sleep;
• Excessive daytime sleepiness;
• Syndrome of restless legs and twitching of extremities in a dream;
• Sleepwalking and sleep-talking;
• Bruxism (teeth grinding during sleep);
• Circadian sleep disorders (“owls” and “larks”);
• Sleep-related cardiac arrhythmias, arterial hypertension, asthma attacks, vegetative crises, migraine and other disorders of the organs and systems.
During the work of the center, more than 1,000 patients from all over the Republic of Buryatia have been diagnosed and treated, most of which represent complex clinical cases. Employees are constantly involved in the popularization of knowledge about sleep, in the form of conferences, radio interviews and newspapers. Scientific activities are being carried out: at present, the doctor Uhinov E.B. is a researcher at the Research Center for Family Health and Human Reproduction, Irkutsk, and researches sleep apnea, one of the most deadly conditions at night.
Doctor Bayartuev S.R. focused on the diagnosis of one of the most complex diseases in neurology – epilepsy. He very competently conducts and interprets video EEG sleep monitoring, helping many doctors in the Republic of Buryatia.