- Basic Animal
- Molecular Biology-Endocrinology-Biochemistry
- Sleep Physiology-Neurophysiology in Animal
- Sleep Physiology-Neurophysiology in Human
- Biological Rhythms
- Sleep and Body Functions (Cardio-Respiratory, Thermoregulation/Metabolism, Endocrine)
- Sleep and Psychiatry-Personality Disorders
We fovcused our investigations on the role of astrocytes in sleep regulation throughout their involvement in energy metabolism.
We mainly used models of sleep deprivation/ fragmentation in mice.
We also used biosensors for brain metabolites measurements.
Technical Capabilities and areas of expertise
In animals: polygraphic sleep recording, telemetric recordings of locomotor and body temperature rhythms, in vivo biosensors, qPCR
Additional Descriptors, Keywords
Selected Publications in the 5 past years:
– The psychostimulant modafinil enhances gap junctional communication in cortical astrocytes. Petit, J-M; Liu, X; Gyger, J; Magistretti, P.J; Giaume, C. Neuropharmacology (2013); ahead of print 05/2013; DOI:10.1016/j.
– Genes Involved in the Astrocyte-Neuron Lactate Shuttle (ANLS) Are Specifically Regulated in Cortical Astrocytes Following Sleep Deprivation in Mice. Petit J-M; Gyger J; Burlet-Godinot S; Fiumelli H; Martin J-L; Magistretti PJ. Sleep (2013); 36(10):1445-1458.
– Sustained sleep fragmentation affects brain temperature, food intake and glucose tolerance in mice. Baud MO; Magistretti PJ; Petit J-M. J. Sleep Res. (2013); 22(1):3-12.
– Metabolic response of the cerebral cortex following gentle sleep deprivation and modafinil administration. Petit, J-M; Tobler, I: Kopp C; Morgenthaler F; Borbély AA; Magistretti PJ. Sleep. (2010); 33(7):901-8.
– Astrocytes and sleep homeostasis. Magistretti PJ; Petit J-M. Front in Neurosci (2009); 3(3):415.
Key Publications of the Laboratory:
Other laboratory Members
Name: Sophie Burlet-Godinot