- Initiative for the definition of Sleep Medicine Centre accreditation criteria:
European guidelines for the accreditation of Sleep Medicine Centres. Pevernagie D; Steering Committee of European Sleep Research Society. J Sleep Res. 2006 Jun;15(2):231-8.
- Initiative for the definition of Sleep Medicine Experts certification criteria:
European guidelines for the certification of professionals in sleep medicine: report of the task force of the European Sleep Research Society. Pevernagie D, Stanley N, Berg S, Krieger J, Amici R, Bassetti C, Billiard M, Cirignotta F, Garcia-Borreguero D, Tobler I, Fischer J; Task Force of the European Sleep Research Society. J Sleep Res. 2009 Mar;18(1):136-41
- Evaluation of requirements and time efforts for sleep medicine procedures in Europe:
Standard procedures for adults in accredited sleep medicine centres in Europe. Fischer J, Dogas Z, Bassetti CL, Berg S, Grote L, Jennum P, Levy P, Mihaicuta S, Nobili L, Riemann D, Puertas Cuesta FJ, Raschke F, Skene DJ, Stanley N, Pevernagie D; Executive Committee (EC) of the Assembly of the National Sleep Societies (ANSS); Board of the European Sleep Research Society (ESRS), Regensburg, Germany. J Sleep Res. 2012 Aug;21(4):357-68.
- Collaboration in the ESRS Wake-up bus
- The creation of the Early Career Researcher Network (ECRN) was discussed at the meeting in Copenhagen 2013 and launched the following year.
- Close collaboration in the definition of the Catalogue of knowledge and skills, Delphi round by all National Sleep Society presidents in the validation process of the catalogue:
Catalogue of knowledge and skills for sleep medicine. Penzel T, Pevernagie D, Dogas Z, Grote L, de Lacy S, Rodenbeck A, Bassetti C, Berg S, Cirignotta F, d’Ortho MP, Garcia-Borreguero D, Levy P, Nobili L, Paiva T, Peigneux P, Pollmächer T, Riemann D, Skene DJ, Zucconi M, Espie C; Sleep Medicine Committee; European Sleep Research Society. J. Sleep Res. 2014 Apr;23(2):222-38.
- ESRS internal report on education, certification, and accreditation of sleep medicine services in European National Sleep Societies
- ESRS internal report on reimbursement of sleep medicine services in Europe
- Publication of the Wake-Up bus project survey:
Sleepiness at the wheel across Europe: a survey of 19 countries. Marta Gonçalves, Roberto Amici, Raquel Lucas, Torbjörn Åkerstedt, Fabio Cirignotta, Jim Horne, Damien Léger, Walter T. McNicholas, Markku Partinen, Joaquín Téran-Santos, Philippe Peigneux, Ludger Grote and National Representatives as Study Collaborators. J. Sleep Res. 2015 Jun;24(3):242–53.
- Publication of a survey on sleep apnea scoring within the ANSS countries:
Variability in recording and scoring of respiratory events during sleep in Europe: a need for uniform standards. Erna S. Arnardottir, Johan Verbraecken, Marta Gonçalves, Michaela D. Gjerstad, Ludger Grote, Francisco Javier Puertas, Stefan Mihaicuta, Walter T. McNicholas, Liborio Parrino and The National Representatives as Study Collaborators. J. Sleep Res. 2016 Apr;25(2):144–57.
- ANSS annual meeting in Brussels: European Sleep meets the European Union “Measuring sleepiness: the need for common European rules”