European Insomnia Network (EIN)
Insomnia afflicts in a chronic fashion probably more than 10% of the European population and probably is the most frequent sleep disorder per se.
In comparison to other sleep disorders like sleep related breathing disorders, restless legs syndrome and narcolepsy, much less progress has been made in the insomnia field and even for many experienced clinicians and researchers, insomnia treatment is equal with just the prescription of hypnotics.
The European Insomnia Network targets European clinicians and researchers who deal with the topic of insomnia.
The aims of the European Insomnia Network are to:
- Get an overview how many ESRS members are actively involved in clinical or research insomnia work
- Improve the exchange between European insomnia clinicians and researchers
- Establish a structure for an insomnia network as a basis for teaching, clinical and research activities at the EU level
- Organization of a meeting of European insomnia clinicians and researchers in order to specify and coordinate activities
- Establish insomnia as a research target on the EU level
European Academy for Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment of Insomnia (CBT-I)
Publications & Documents
This paper: “The European Academy for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia: An initiative of the European Insomnia Network to promote implementation and dissemination of treatment”, covers the whole initiative and gives a comprehensive overview why this Academy is necessary and what are its aims.
This paper: “Dealing with sleep problems during home confinement due to the COVID-19 outbreak: Practical recommendations from a task force of the European CBT-I Academy”, gives cognitive-behavioral recommendation how to deal with sleep problems during the Covid-19 pandemic.
This document gives guidelines to professionals who want to practice CBT-I and/ or run teaching courses.
This form should be used to suggest new CBT-I teaching courses to the academy´s steering committee.
This is a list of all courses which have been endorsed by the academy up to now.