The European Sleep Research Society (ESRS) Forum for Women in Sleep Research is a task force for both early career and senior women scientists that are interested in maintaining their existing scientific activity, and developing further.
The Forum aims to:
- Provide an open forum through e-mail communication and during get-togethers at ESRS meetings
- Support female researchers
- create local support groups for women scientists in different countries
- arrange seminars to provide information on women’s career development and possibilities
- encourage women to choose science as their career, and encourage young women scientists to establish independent research careers
- assist women scientists to obtain research funding
- create a senior researcher network, where a young scientist can choose a mentor
- Encourage scientific research pertaining to issues concerning women’s health including normal sleep and sleep disorders.