European Academy for Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment of Insomnia (CBT-I)
This European Academy was founded in 2018 by members of the European Insomnia Network, which is a clinical network of the ESRS since 2009.
The CBT-I Academy aims at disseminating CBT-I for clinicians and scientists especially in Europe, trying to establish teaching courses for clinicians throughout Europe in regular intervals.
This impetus derives from the European Insomnia Guideline (Riemann et al., Journal of Sleep Research, 2017) which unequivocally comes to the conclusion that CBT-I should be the first line treatment for insomnia. Unfortunately, however, at present there are not enough providers of this therapy to fullfill the needs of afflicted individuals in Europe.
In order to change this situation, the CBT-I Academy was founded.
Please find here five documents:
- Baglioni et al. : “The European Academy….”. Journal of Sleep Research, 2020;29:e12967.doi.org/10.1111/jsr.129672020. This paper covers the whole initiative and gives a comprehensive overview why this Academy is necessary and what are its aims.
- Altena et al. : “Dealing with sleep problems…”. Journal of Sleep Research, 2020 Apr 4:e13052. doi: 10.1111/jsr.13052. This paper gives cognitive-behavioral recommendation howo to deal with sleep problems during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- European Academy for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia. This document gives guidelines to professionals who want to practice CBT-I and/ or run teaching courses.
- CBT-I course proposal form. This form should be used to suggest new CBT-I teaching courses to the academy´s steering committee.
- Endorsed courses. This is a list of all courses which have been endorsed by the academy up to now.