The success of Sleep Europe 2022 congress in Athens, Greece will again strongly be influenced by the symposia topics. Our objective is that all sleep fields (Respiratory, Neurology, Psychiatry, Pediatric, Public Health, Basic Animals, and Humans) are represented. With the call for symposia all members of the European Sleep Research Society (ESRS) are invited to contribute to the program by proposing a symposium for the 26th congress of the ESRS.
CALL FOR SYMPOSIA
CALL FOR SYMPOSIA – SLEEP EUROPE 2022
The following criteria and procedures will apply
- No other way of delivery, other than through the online system, will be accepted. Please enter your Profile account, choose “Symposia Submission”.
- Symposia should be clearly different from an oral presentation session, in that they should have an integrative nature. This should apply to the topic of the symposium, but preferably, if applicable also to the integration of clinical, basic human and/or animal work. We especially encourage proposals for such integrative symposia.
- Note that only symposia meeting the formal requirements shall be considered.
Symposia Content and Structure
New for 2022
- The duration of each symposium is 90 minutes.
- Symposia should be categorised as Basic, Clinical or Education. The Scientific Committee will assign selected symposia to appropriate tracks.Therefore, when submitting the proposal, please also choose from the following fields:
- Public Health
- Basic Animals
- Basic Humans
- At least one of the speakers in the symposium must be a current member of ESRS.
- All submissions are encouraged to include a diverse group of speakers, in line with the ALBA declaration, considering gender balance, early career researchers and other potentially underrepresented groups in the symposium.
Symposia proposers must be members of the European Sleep Research Society and willing to chair the symposium.
- The Co-Chair will be nominated by the ESRS Board.
- The same person cannot chair more than one symposium.
- Please note that each speaker can only participate in one symposium, without exception. If the final selection of symposia includes two or more contributions by the same speaker, the Board will contact the respective chairpersons to resolve this problem.
- There should be no more than 4 speakers, so that there is time for a short introduction and a comprehensive, final discussion as well as for questions and/or voting. The 4 speakers should come from different institutions or at least clearly different laboratories if two speakers are coming from the same entity.
- Note that speakers proposed for your symposium should have already agreed to participate.
- Chairs will be notified about the selection results. The chairs are responsible to liaise with their speakers and remind them that they should have travel plans that allow them to arrive on time.
- Proponents are kindly requested to inform the speakers that no financial support is provided by the ESRS to symposium participants, and that the congress registration fee is not waived.
Each symposia proposal will be reviewed by at least 3 external experts and the final selection will be made by the Scientific Programme Committee. Notifications of acceptance or rejection of submitted symposia proposals will be sent to the corresponding submitter via email by the end in December 2021.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Congress Secretariat in Basel, Switzerland:
Phone: +41 61 686 77 77