The aim of this course is to provide the relevant information to identify, assess, and diagnose cases of insomnia, and with peer supervision, manage cases using the principles of Cognitive
The aim of this course is to provide the relevant information to identify, assess, and diagnose cases of insomnia, and with peer supervision, manage cases using the principles of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I). It is open to applicants from all countries. Competence in understanding spoken English is required.
This course is suitable for all health professionals.
This course will cover:
- How to define Insomnia Disorder using currently published international guidelines
- How to identify the differences between the various types and subtypes of Insomnia Disorder
- How to assess other intrinsic and extrinsic disorders masking insomnia
- Identifying who is and is not a suitable candidate for CBT-I
- Practical, hands-on experience of conducting CBT-I under peer supervision, including case studies
- How to apply a variety of other therapies in the Insomnia Disorder setting
The Advanced Practice of CBT-I course will be run annually 6 months after the basic course to allow for treatment of patients inbetween courses.
Taking bookings for:
ADULT PSG COURSES 2019 –
6th – 7th Sept and 15th – 16th Nov 2019
PAEDIATRIC PSG COURSE 2019 –
6th – 7th December 2019
EDINBURGH SLEEP MEDICINE COURSE 2020 –
9th – 13th March 2020
Registration opens for this course September 2019
Please email for further details.
22 (Saturday) 00:00 - 23 (Sunday) 23:59