The Paediatric Sleep subcommittee of the ESRS SMC is pleased to announce the 1st ESRS Paediatric Sleep School which will be held from the 11th to the 13th of April 2024 at the beautiful Bertinoro Castle in Italy.
Over the span of two and a half days, the distinguished group of international paediatric sleep experts will comprehensively cover all aspects of paediatric sleep health, addressing neurophysiology, the ontogeny of sleep in infants, children, and adolescents, as well as best practices for evaluating and treating paediatric sleep disorders. The program will include hands-on sessions with a practical approach to polysomnography, polygraphy, and actigraphy procedures for infants, children, and adolescents.
Clinicians, researchers, and trainees in paediatric sleep, including physicians, psychologists, nurses, and sleep technologists.
Please note that participation is limited to 50 individuals and will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Summarise relevant information in paediatric sleep encompassing physiology, ontogeny, and impact of disturbed sleep on child development. .
- Identify and diagnose sleep disorders in infants, children, and adolescents.
- Apply evidence-based treatments for sleep disorders in infants, children, and adolescents.
- Identify challenges and potential avenues for future research in paediatric sleep medicine.
You can view/download the full preliminary 2024 programme below.
Sleep, plasticity and neurodevelopment.
How to score sleep in children?
Restless sleep in children.
Assessing daytime sleepiness in children.
OSA treatment in children.
Sleep and neurodevelopmental disorders.
Circadian rhythm sleep and wake disorders.
Pharmacological treatment in pediatric sleep disorders.
In order to participate, you must fulfil the following criteria:
- Be a member of the ESRS at the time of application.
- Be active in sleep research or sleep medicine at the time of application. Have a documented interest in paediatric sleep.
- There is no upper age limit for eligibility, however, preference will be given to candidates who are in the early stages of their career.
- Pay registration costs of 600 EUR including meal and accommodation (300 EUR to be paid upon receipt of the applicant’s acceptance, and the remaining 300 EUR three weeks before the start date). Travel grants are available as detailed below.
In order to apply to participate, you must complete the online application form where you’ll be required to upload the following documents:
- Candidate’s CV
- Candidate’s ID photo
- Candidate’s passport or ID
- Candidate’s highest degree
- Statement of Interest (max. 500 words)
A maximum of 50 participants will be accepted for this Paediatric Sleep School.
Candidates who cannot be fully supported by their laboratory or other sources may also apply for a fellowship to support their participation:
- Funding is open to all nationalities (European and non-European countries). Candidates from low-income countries will be considered first.
- The sum awarded by the ESRS will cover justified travel expenses, for a maximum of 400 EUR.
- Registration costs including meal and accommodation (600 EUR) must be covered by the participant.
- A maximum of 10 grants will be financed.
Application Period: 3 November – 8 December 2023
All application files should be submitted via the online application form only.
Selection will be overseen by the Paediatric Sub-Committee.
All applicants will be informed of the status of their applications by early January.