This grant has the following aims:
- To offer the possibility to attend the ESRS Examination in Sleep Medicine
- Support career development and in particular supports more junior candidates in the early stages of their career in sleep research
- The grants are available to physicians, psychologists and sleep scientists, technologists, nurses, and other sleep professionals, who meet the requirements for Somnologists re. Technologists of the ESRS Examination in Sleep Medicine
- All candidates must be members of the ESRS at the time of application.
- Candidates should be employed in sleep research or sleep medicine training at the time of application.
- There is no upper age limit for eligibility; however, preference will be given to candidates who are in the early stages of their career.
- Funding is open to all nationalities and for European and non-European based candidates.
- The grant sum awarded by the ESRS should cover travel and accommodation costs within Europe. A maximum amount of 500 EUR will be awarded per grant.
- The grant awarded includes one copy of the ESRS Sleep Medicine Textbook.
- A maximum of six grants per examination will be financed;
In order to apply, the following is required:
- All application files should be provided in PDF or jpeg format and can be uploaded with the examination login at www.esrs-examination.eu. The ESRS Examination Subcommittee will rank the grant applications;
- Declaration, that no other party funds the travel and accomodation expenses.
- A letter of motivation
- Candidate’s CV (as far as not submitted with the examination application)
- Candidate’s ID photo
- Copy of candidate’s passport or ID
- Copy of candidate’s highest degree
- Breakdown of travel and accommodation costs.
For 2021 this program is suspended!
Chair of Education Committee